Is the RV Capital of the World Switching to Electric Vehicles?
There are many people that may find it very hard to imagine the consumers of Elkhart, Indiana trading in the comforts of their recreational vehicles, for the benefits that are provided while driving an electric vehicle (EV). In the beginning of this year, there was an announcement that was made by ‘Think’ that they plan to begin building electric vehicles in the area of Elkhart, IN. EV supporters realize that there is a bigger picture that is involved with the announcement made by ‘Think’ that involves a variety of different automobile manufacturers. A few of these manufacturers would include Fisker that is located in Delaware, Coda and Tesla that are located in California, and Ford and General Motor that produce plug-in automobiles.
The city of Elkhart was even named as the “RV Capital of the World” for a whole generation that it was known as being an area where the popular recreational vehicles were built. As a part of converting various areas of Indiana to make the switch from RVs to EVs, Elkhart has also joined in on the sweeping changes across the state. If the plans unfold as ‘Think’ expects them to, by the year 2013, there will be as many as 20,000 each year that are being produced in Elkhart, IN.
- Delaware Plant – New Site for Producing 100,000 Plug-In Hybrids
- Talk of Plug-In-Hybrids – the Topic of Conversation with Automakers at the White House
- Jilin in China is targeting 100,000 capacity of green autos by 2015
- Chevrolet teams up with Con Edison for Promotion of New York’s EV Transportation
- Another Crash Occurs in New York From Acceleration of a Prius